AdWords offers a financial lifeline for many businesses, small and big. Finding helpful approaches to manage PPC networks (i.e. AdWords and Adcenter primarily) are few and far between. Sure, there are numerous consultants out there more than willing to cut into your profit margins, but the minimum contracts and fuzzy promises probably have kept you from taking the bait.
While there are certainly many AdWords PPC “celebrities” out there who have oversaw PPC campaigns of either great size or number, I find it hard to imagine someone who has poured the ceaseless everyday hours within the last 7 years because i have. Toiling over the best way to refine and optimize campaigns, ad groups, etc. to get even a.5% improvement continues to be my entire life since it directly correlated to how big my paycheck and success in our business. There hasn’t been one individual at Google and out Google which includes successfully provided a suggestion or found a chink inside my structure, yet there has been many people who have said “wow- I never imagined of doing that before”.
So with regards to giving AdWords tips for people who contact me for ideas, 10 away from ten times I could say that their problems stem in one of 5 issues.
1. Poor account structure – Structure doesn’t take into account like products, demographics, network, or geography.
2. Mismanaged or under-managed bidding – Adwords causes it to be really easy for individuals to obtain lulled into default bids, AdWords despite its efforts at automating needs active management.
3. Inadequate ad testing for Ad text – Ad text optimization is actually a tricky business. Furthermore successful ads become less successful with time, the criteria and binding the landing page is crucial – even more so in 2011 than ever before as quality score is playing a huge part in a campaign’s profitability.
4. Poorly mined keywords – Keywords are the currency which makes PPC work. AdWords provides great tools for learning about keywords, unfortunately, these are fragmented. Besides CTR, cost/conv., impressions, match type and clicks; you will find elements like assists, search funnels, negatives, ROI, view-through conversions. These less understood elements are what makes AdWords profitable and accounts need constant assistance to optimize.
5. AdWords not aligned with landing page – Not everyone is a graphics designer, me included, but there are basic approaches which everybody can take to boost your conversions. Bear in mind a powerful CTR x strong Website Landing Page = maximum conversions.
Getting conversions profitably isn’t quite as easy as Google leads one to believe, but if you are diligent and actively manage your campaigns, considering the account structure, bidding, ad testing, keyword mining, and website landing page optimization I can guarantee you may be on the road to recovery. AdWords assistance is only an email away.
PPC optimization is imperative to sustain success using Adwords. Below we touch upon many strategies to optimize your campaigns for better profitability.
Understand Keyword Match Types
Although an elementary concept in Pay Per Click Marketing advertising, understanding keyword match types is vital to achieve success. Google stops working keyword match types in three primary ways: Broad, [Exact], and “Phrase” match.
In Google search, a wide match can frequently times be extremely broad. As an example, for a keyword phrase like “Kids military uniforms,” beneath the broad match setting, your ad may be triggered for searches like “childrens army suit” or “youth navy uniform.” In essence, broad match is quite broad, so be sure you really know what you’re engaging in if you decide to leave keywords as broad (without “quotes” for phrase match or [brackets] for exact match.)
Using exact keyword matching by surrounding the keyword phrase in brackets will ensure your ads are only triggered when online search engine users submit that exact phrase, surely nothing else. By using exact xrnyuh matching, it is possible to better minimize wasted impressions from broad searches and reduce budget-sucking click-throughs.
Because exact phrase match might neglect to display your ads for searchers that you actual do desire to capture, a fantastic alternative is using modified broad matching. Modified broad is just placing a ” ” symbol directly facing each keyword (with no space) that you would like specifically mentioned in a user’s search query. The ” ” symbol makes sure that this word, and just very close variations (like plural and singular variations) are what trigger your ads. In case we bid on the keyword ” kids military uniforms” our ad will still be displayed for search queries like “kid military uniform” or “kids military uniforms available for sale,” not “childrens navy uniform.”